10 reasons why age 3 is worse than age 2
So you've survived the lonely wilderness of pregnancy.
You totally nailed the sleepless nights with a newborn.
Hell, you even made it through the first two years relatively unscathed... Well, buckle up, because according to Jill from ScaryMommy.com, it only gets more interesting from here.
Here's 10 good reasons to be grateful for your two year old.
1. At two, they can barely talk. At three, they never shut the hell up.
2. At two, they cry. At three, they throw temper tantrums so epic, you become convinced that they are possessed by the devil.
3. At two, they’re happy to eat anything you present to them. At three, they eat only three foods (usually consisting of a starch and processed cheese.)
4. At two, baths are a ten minute event, the result of which is a clean child. At three, baths take over an hour, and result in a drenched bathroom, sopping wet parents and 16 used towels.
5. At two, they wear diapers that can be changed on your watch. At three, they’re potty trained and the world revolves around their bladders and bowels.
6. At two, they are distracted by any random coloured product at the grocery store. At three, they want to dictate your entire food list.
7. At two, they let you dress them, looking innocent and adorable. At three, they insist on picking out their clothes, looking like pint sized versions of mental institution inhabitants.
8. At two, they don’t like to get dirty. At three, they thrive on it.
9. At two, you can do things for them, saving infinite amounts of time. At three, they must do everything by themselves, taking FOR-fucking-EVER.
10. At two, manipulation is the last thing on their minds. At three, they own you. And they know it.
originally posted here by Jill Smokler aka Scary Mommy